Monday, March 16, 2009

My band, like, totally rocks

As we wrestled over which singer would sing which harmony for our original song "Move," I realized that we, the Reggae Rockers, finally were climbing up to a new level. We are headed to the studio next weekend to record 7 hot new tracks and I've gotta say, I think they will be smashing.

We are on a fast train to the top. Our upcoming gigs include KBVR-TV's Locals Live, the Twilight Room in Portland, and the OSU Battle of the Bands. With the amount of focus we reggae enthusiasts have been pouring into the music, and with the intense Kombucha-driven energy at our practices, we just can't go wrong.

Lately, what I've been most passionate about is our cover of the Congos' song "Solid Foundation"- arranged and lead by Amanda. It's totally beautiful, full of energy and harmonies, and brings out our band's potential. It's not on the list of songs to record yet but I will push with all my might because I think it could turn out to be the best one.

This is what I've been dreaming about lately in between thoughts of my lovely wife and beautiful baby. I am so lucky to have them and all the other great things in my life!!!!!

P.S. I love you so much Amanda!

1 comment: