Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Break? Who needs a break?

Spring Break. A time for soaking in the sun after a long winter and celebrating the ringing in of a new season. Or in my broke-ass case, finding another form of work to soak up my morning, afternoon, and evening, and dream about at night.

Or so I thought. I recently wrote to my publisher and told her that I won't be able to work this spring break on countless math problems. No ma'am, you can't pay me to create math homework for hundreds of thousands of students across the country. My conscience is already dirty enough. Instead you can find me laying in the grass with my baby boy in my arms, wife caressing my leg, and dog licking my face. Peace off, ma'am.

So I guess I will take a real spring break this time around. If not for me then for Amanda who would have to deal with my insanity during the months to come, until summer break when I again, like clockwork, will no doubt find another job to fill up my days, nights, and dreams...

1 comment:

  1. and i'm so glad that you did kind of a little bit for a few seconds took a break.

    ReplyDelete